WISDOM SERIES, Part 3: WISDOM COMES FIRST
July 11, 2018 | By Wanda Alger, IFA Field Correspondent
For those who have been praying for God’s will to be done on earth as it is in heaven (Mt 6:10), there is anticipation of God’s goodness and glory being seen in ways never imagined. We are praying for His kingdom to come and for His righteous rule to be demonstrated in every sphere of our culture. As we consider how the kingdom of God can be established in our communities and in this nation, Scripture reveals something that needs to be in place before we do anything else: we need to invite Wisdom.
The Lord brought me (Wisdom) forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; I was formed long ages ago, at the very beginning, when the world came to be. (Prv 8:22-23)
Proverbs 8 personifies Wisdom and indicates that wisdom was with God the entire time that He was establishing the earth, setting its foundations in place, and giving the water its boundaries. Before He began the process of creation and setting things in order, He invited WISDOM to join Him. Why is this important? As we pray for those who have been called to lead, direct, and pioneer new frontiers in the coming days, we must pray that we invite this divine Wisdom to guide and direct our course.
Consider some of the benefits of Wisdom from the book of Proverbs and pray these promises over yourself, your family and friends, and those in positions of leadership. Through Wisdom we will:
- Find the knowledge of God (2:5).
- Be successful (2:7).
- Receive God’s shield of protection (2:7-8).
- Have greater understanding of what is right, just, and fair (2:9).
- Receive knowledge that will become pleasant to our soul (2:10).
- Be saved from the ways of the wicked (2:12-15).
- Be delivered from those who would lead us astray (2:16-19).
- Live longer lives in prosperity and peace (3:1-2).
- Win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man (3:4).
- Be free from fear of doom or disaster (3:24-25).
- Gain honor and a glorious crown (4:8-9).
By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place. (Prv 3:19-20)
Pray through these prayer points from Proverbs by watching the short video below.