February 22, 2020 | From IFA Staff
Horowitz’s Inspector General report issued last year was narrow in scope, but the upcoming Durham report has looked for wrongdoing throughout the FBI investigation of President Trump’s campaign. John Durham is a U.S. Attorney serving as a DOJ-appointed federal prosecutor. This is a criminal probe. This report will result in charges.
While the lack of leaks has given us little to anticipate, we do know a few things:
- The probe is focused on the actions of the former Obama administration senior officials who targeted President Trump and his campaign team.
- According to reporter Catherine Herridge of CBS, the timeframe that appears to have the largest paper trail footprint is January—May 2017, Indicating that the Mueller investigation and those involved may be the largest focus.
- Durham’s investigation was upgraded to a criminal inquiry in October 2019; as a result, Durham has the authority to bring forward indictments.
- Durham’s investigation expanded to include the Pentagon’s Office of Net Assessment which contracted Stephen Halper as an informant. It is alleged that Halper targeted Carter Page, George Papadopolous, and General Flynn.
- One issue we know is being investigated is whether or not a crime was committed by former FBI lawyer Kevin Cline-smith who altered a document for a FISA renewal on Carter Page.
- Attorney General William Barr and U.S. Attorney John Durham have traveled to England and Italy to interview senior foreign intelligence officials.
- The President has given AG Barr the authority to declassify documents as needed for the inquiry.
- Durham’s report is expected to be released late spring or early summer of 2020.
This investigation is reportedly poised to provide justice for concerning actions that have been uncovered through the Horowitz IG Report and congressional testimony. The Special Report that IFA has created gives targeted prayer points for people and issues at the center of this investigation. Your prayer can make a difference as you intercede for Durham and his team, for truth, and for justice. Download the Special Report and begin praying.