PROPHETIC EXHORTATION: SHIFT THE COURTS!
September 6, 2018 | By Dutch Sheets
I know that there have been thousands praying and fasting and doing prayer journeys over the years for the shifting of the courts of America, and especially the Supreme Court. Many have done much more than I have, but I want to tell you a little about my journey. When God spoke to me in Oct. 2002, he said that he wanted me to give my focus to the courts. He said they were the open gate where evil is coming into the nation, and the church must change that. I began to stir up the prayer movement and say, “You must pray for the courts.” Since that time, I have prayed, preached, pleaded, been on television programs, written books and done about everything I can possibly do to say, “We must give all of our efforts to this. The future of a nation is at stake. We are warring for the soul of a nation!” I am not being sensational when I say that. We are warring for the destiny of millions of people. We are warring for the destiny of nations.
And I prayed to the Lord my God, and made my confession, and said,
“Alas, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping His covenant and mercy to those who love Him, and to those who keep His commandments. We have sinned and have committed iniquity and have done wickedly and have rebelled, even by departing from Your precepts and from Your judgments. … Now therefore, O God, hear the prayer of Your servant and his supplications … O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not defer, for Your own sake, O my God. For Your city and Your people are called by Your name” (Dan. 9:4-5, 17a, 19).
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Pray the prayer of Daniel (written above) over the courts of America.
- Thank the Lord for those who have prayed, and taught, and warned, and led intercession and prayer journeys for the shifting of the Supreme Court.
- Intercede for those leaders who set their faces like flint and have not stopped until they saw the shift of the court in their generation. Ask God to refresh them and help them press in until the court is solidly shifted—two, maybe three or even four conservative constitutional justices seated there.
- Decree that America will line up with the destiny God has for this great nation. We were created to take the gospel to the nations of the earth from these shores.
A prayer you can pray:
O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps Your covenant and mercy with those who love You, and with those who keep Your commandments, we have sinned and committed iniquity, we have done wickedly and rebelled, even by departing from Your precepts and Your judgments. … Now therefore, our God, hear the prayer of Your servants, and our supplications … O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name. Thank you for all those that have interceded for a shift in the Supreme Court—the shift we are now experiencing. We won’t be content with just one more conservative justice. We want at least two more and maybe three more strong constitutionalists on our high court. We call America to align with the reasons You established our nation—to be a light in the darkness and a place of refuge where everyone can find salvation in Christ. Let us also be a people who take the gospel from these shores to the nations of the earth. In Jesus’ name, amen.
* Read the original article from Charisma Caucus HERE.