DR. DOBSON CALLS FOR PRAYER FOR THE PRESIDENT
January 11, 2018
Dr. Dobson urges intercessors everywhere to pray for President Trump. IFA is compiling a list of names of people who are committed to praying for President Trump in 2018. Click here to join our list. The entire list will be shared with the President.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim 2:1-4)
On Friday, January 5, 2018, Dr. James Dobson joined IFA on our First Friday Prayer Conference Call to pray for President Donald Trump. This was not political. Dr. Dobson is asking believers to devote a day, of our own choosing, to spend fasting and praying for President Trump.
Dr. Dobson prayed the central verses of Intercessors for America—1 Timothy 2:1-4, as well as Proverbs 21:1. He shared with us that President Trump has asked for prayer and responds with sincere gratitude when he is told that people pray for him. Click here to share a prayer directly with President Trump. Let him know that you are praying for him!
Here are the prayer points from Dr. Dobson’s prayer:
- Lord, speak to President Trump’s heart.
- Draw him relentlessly to you.
- Give him wisdom and strength to handle his daily responsibilities.
- Give him wisdom in international relations, especially regarding North Korea, Iran, and Israel.
- Protect this nation and his family from danger.
- Bless our churches, schools, farms, businesses, military, and institutions.
- Pray for this generation of children who have been subjected to wickedness that we have never seen in our history.
- Pray for our country, founded on the Bible—may God lead us in perilous days, revitalize the Church, fill our hearts with love, and soften the hearts of people for spiritual renewal.